Posted by Tamara Sims | Filed under Wedding Resources
Finding quality vendors for your Wedding Day can be a challenging task, after all, most plan a wedding one time in their lives and can feel overwhelmed at where to start. I sat down recently with one of the newest members of the Renaissance Chicago O’Hare Suites Hotel, Sara Boal to learn more about her role and what services the hotel can offer our clients.
- Tell me about yourself and your role at Renaissance Chicago O’Hare Suites Hotel? I am the hotel’s newest addition to their team as the Director of Catering & Social Events. I have been in the industry for 10 years now & am excited to have taken this next step in my career with the team here at the Renaissance.
- What is unique about Renaissance Chicago O’Hare? The Renaissance exudes the soul of a boutique with the amenities of a state of the art Chicago airport hotel. Located steps from the “L” Blue Line to Chicago & boasting 24 hour complimentary airport shuttle service to O’Hare, this hotel is a traveler’s reprieve. This stylish hotel provides the ultimate in event space perfect for elegant an elegant wedding reception.
- What type of events make up most of your business? The Renaissance plays host to many large corporate client events, and from a social event aspect our Renaissance Ballroom has been the ideal choice for Weddings, Bar/Bat Mitzvahs, and Holiday parties.
- What other services does your hotel offer? Discover the local happenings wherever you are with Navigator by Renaissance®. Our in-the-know guides live in the area, so they can recommend the best, most authentic, undiscovered side a city has to offer. You’ll experience what’s true and real about the places you’re going – the story behind the story, the insider view, the history you may not uncover otherwise. From the best place to enjoy a glass of microbrew to an underground music spot, we’ve got you covered so you can return home with a great tale to tell. Renaissance Navigators will help you live like the locals live so you can discover something wonderfully new on every visit.
- What is your favorite Holiday Tradition? My Grandfather used to take walnuts and crack them open just perfectly, fill them with various dollar amounts, seal them without a trace, and we each got to pick one from his Santa Hat on Christmas. It was always excitement as to who would crack open their walnut and have the lucky $100 bill! We were very fortunate to have played that game ever since I can remember. When my Grandfather passed away, my Uncle has been generously carrying on the tradition so the memories of our walnut game and my Grandfather live on forever!
- What is your favorite Holiday song? Mariah Carey-”All I want for Christmas is you.”
To learn more about this beautiful hotel, please visit their website: www.renaissancehotels.com